How to market an Ebook?
I have been very successful in selling my Ebooks online, in less than 2 years 2knowmyself, the first website that I developed started to bring me thousands of dollars a month because of the Ebooks sales.
When trying to market for an eBook people usually make the mistake of searching for the marketing method instead of searching for ways that could make the consumer wanting to buy their product. Suppose that you have the chance to mail 1000 person and inform them about your book in a single line, will any of them buy it? Most likely no one will because consumers don’t buy something until they see some kind of benefit that they will gain after buying it.
Reaching the customer is not the issue, you can mail them, advertise for your products or send them free samples but the big issue is convincing people to buy your products when they hear about it.
Trust, the magical word
Consumers buy products when they trust the business selling them the products, why do you think large businesses have a Goodwill section in their balance sheets? Simply because they know that the Goodwill equals money as consumers are very likely to buy products from companies that have a great Goodwill.
For an eBook, the key point to sell it, is to let people trust you as an author. Mailing 1,000,000 people who don’t know you well or who don’t trust you might not result in a single sale until you know how to win their trust.
How to gain the customer’s trust when selling an eBook
The following are methods that can help you gain consumer’s trust and so motivate them to buy your books:
- Write articles: This is the most powerful method out of them all. Lets suppose that while reading the current article you started to think that I have great knowledge about making money online, won’t this motivate you to buy my products? Of course it will, just write informative free articles that shows people how professional you are in your field then mention your book inside the article or at the footer (Guess who did this too ) , by the end of the article the consumer himself will be wanting to buy your product.
- Market the articles: Its much easier to market the free articles than to market the product, People hate to be perceived as human wallets and that’s why most of them flee when they see a page that has anything that could be bought. Most of the people are bombarded by hundreds of products everyday and that’s why they assume that all of them are the same, if you managed to gain the customer’s trust first then introduce him to your product later you will manage to make good sales.
- Who are you?: Some people look for the author before looking at the book’s title, that’s why you should provide a very clear and powerful introduction of yourself and the skills that made you eligible to write such a book. Even if you don’t have too much to write, try to present yourself as an expert in the subject so that the customers trust you (never lie, just explain why you are qualified to write such a book)
- Leverage the website's popularity: If your website gets lots of visitors then adding such information to the selling page will defiantly increase the sales, using an image such as the one below on your selling page will surely increase the sales. Again never lie, consumers are intelligent enough to realize if you are honest or not. If your website is relatively new then you could mention the number of visitors that visited your website since it started. For example stating that 2 million people saw your page will defiantly give you very strong credit.
- Leverage your sales: If you managed to sell a good number of copies then adding such an info to the selling page will give a very strong push to sales. I have noticed that consumers are more likely to purchase best sellers than normal books.
- What others Say?: People might not trust you because you are the author, after all you want to sell your books, right? That’s why testimonials have been proven to be very effective in increasing your sales especially if it was from trusted sources. Book reviews might also be very helpful, offer free copies to people in exchange for writing book reviews for you, this will give a very strong boost to your sales.
Final words about selling your eBook
People buy BMWs even if they are expensive because they trust the manufacturer, once you manage to gain consumer’s trust price won’t be a big issue. People could pay anything for a product that they trust because they will be feeling that their money wont be lost.
2earn-online does not contain logical advices or intuitive tricks that everyone knows but instead it contains deep knowledge and effective techniques that are based on marketing, psychology and consumer behavior that can help you make money online in a short period of time without paying anything. The information is presented in a simple, practical and obvious way yet they are so powerful to help you make a living from home without needing anther job. Farouk Radwan, the one who wrote all articles on this website is an MBA holder, E-business expert, Computer Guru, human behavior expert and someone who is making thousands of dollars each month out of his recently developed websites. For more information about Farouk, check out this link.
The book How I did it was written by Farouk and it explains how he managed to make a website that generates thousands of dollars/month in less than 2 years without paying a penny.
Want to know more?
How to increase my Ebook sales
How to sell more books and products online?
How to increase my Ebook sales?